Here are just a few more examples of things I never thought I'd say...until I became a mother of boys:
- Why is there a dead frog on your dresser?
- Well just how many grasshoppers do you thing you let loose in the van?
- Just because you can pee outside doesn't mean you should.
- There will be no snakes in the house. Ever!
- Who left a pile of worms on my kitchen counter?!
- Sorry, but I can't let you wear your Superman cape to Great-Grandma's funeral.
- It is never okay to look up your neighbor's skirt. I don't care if she said it was okay!!!
- Why is there a grasshopper on your brother's high chair tray?!
- Your hamster doesn't need to be in the bathtub with you.
- Wait until the pee-pee stops before you shake it.
- I realize you're excited about your praying mantis, but I don't want the jar on the dining room table.
- Please stop giving bubble gum to the dog!
- Why are there five toads in your swimming pool?
- Next time you have worms in your pocket, can you tell mommy? Actually, let's just not put worms in our pocket.
- When the hamster is roaming the house in his little ball, we do not kick the ball. Nor do we roll it down the stairs.
- Who dropped (my watch/matchbox car/insert most any noun here) in the toilet?
Keep in mind this is just a short list. It is also not a complete list as I've only been a mother for nine years. I'll revisit this often and repost any time I find mind myself thinking "Well, I never thought I'd be saying that."