July 15, 2010

Kids Really Do Say the Darndest Things

Some of you may remember Art Linkletter's segment titled Kids Say the Darndest Things. Bill Cosby hosted a show with the same name about 10 years ago. Turns out- it's true. Kids really do say some funny things. Yesterday both of my boys gave examples.

Jarrett, my three year old, had just woke up from a nap and I laid down with him to cuddle as he woke up. He had gone to sleep holding a little John Deere lawn mower toy and as I put my arm around him to cuddle he informed me my arm was on his grass that he was mowing. I repositioned my arm and soon noticed a funky smell. I asked Jarrett if he tooted and without missing a beat he looks at me and says, "Is not me mommy. Is smoke from my mower."

Also yesterday I was swimming with my nine year old, Hayden. We were taking a break by the pool and I noticed him staring into space as if he were in deep thought. I asked what he was thinking about and expected he might say he enjoyed spending time with me during the summer. Or maybe he'd say how much he loved swimming. Instead he answered with one word and took me by surprise, "Boobs." 

And so the fascination begins... 

No comments:

Post a Comment